This Page

has been moved to new address

If it hadn't been for who?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: If it hadn't been for who?

Thursday, May 11, 2006

If it hadn't been for who?

I just had a song come on my media player that has a really good catchy tune. Everyone knows it and does this little barn dance jig to it when they hear it.

Then I started thinking about it some more. (I know, I need to turn off the brain every once in a while....)
If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
I'd been married long time ago
Where did you come from where did you go
Where did you come from Cotton-Eye Joe
How messed up do you have to be to a) write those lyrics and b) sing them 13 times over?

Although, considering how successful the song was and the fact that it's on my computer, who's the messed up one here?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger kristi noser declared,

Who's Joe and what's wrong with his eyes?

5/11/2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

They're cotton. Can't see through cotton. Regarding Joe, I can't speak to that. You'd have to ask him.

5/11/2006 4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

What I find most disturbing about the song... the remix, anyway, since the song appears to be a folk song... Is that Rednex is a Scandinavian band.

If you'd like some background, here's a site for you:

http://www.phantomranch.net/folkdanc/dances/cottoney.htm

5/11/2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

I feel better knowing the Rednex aren't American. I feel...safer.

5/11/2006 7:26 PM  
Blogger kristi noser declared,

I knew some Scandinavian rednecks once, they were from those ol' cotton fields back home. Maybe that's where Joe used to live.

5/11/2006 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home