This Page

has been moved to new address

Pawlenty for President?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Pawlenty for President?

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Pawlenty for President?

Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty may be in the hunt for 2008.

I've been saying this for a long time, as have others.

However, I'm not so keen on this idea.
Republican lawmaker buys "mccain-pawlenty.com"
...
Rep. Pat Garofalo, R-Farmington, said he plunked down the $12 on his own, to foil Internet "squatters" who buy up domain names that may be valuable in the future. "I wasn't asked to do it, I wasn't told to do it," he said Friday.

But it comes in a week where Pawlenty and Sen. John McCain, the Arizona Republican who's a leading 2008 presidential contender, made several joint appearances in Minnesota and stoked speculation of a possible 2008 partnership.

Garofalo, who was elected to the state House in 2004, is a young computer engineer who volunteered as a technology adviser in Pawlenty's 2002 run.

Pawlenty's national prospects have been touted since not long after that, with Republican insiders noting his wit, on-camera charisma and affability. Pawlenty would provide several key contrasts to McCain -- he's nearly 30 years younger, is a governor rather than a Washington lawmaker, has proven popular with the party's religious base, and represents an entirely different region of the country.
...
He [Garofalo] also purchased the domain names "pawlentyforpresident.com" and "pawlentyforpresident.org."
I don't like McCain. I don't hate him, but I don't like him.

Having said that, Pawlenty's name on the ticket would at least make me consider helping McCain in a general election.

I'm still holding out hope that Pawlenty runs for the top seat though. The fact that a Pawlenty insider is the one buying the "for president" domains gives me even more hope.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous declared,

Of what I've seen of Pawlenty from watching Minnesota news, I like him. It will be interesting to watch what the refining fire of pure heartless politics does to him as he makes a run.

4/15/2006 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home