This Page

has been moved to new address

Why the blog is called "Wide White"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Why the blog is called "Wide White"

Monday, October 25, 2010

Why the blog is called "Wide White"

I often wonder why people give their blogs the names they give them. Most people who start blogs try to think up a creative, original name that nobody else on the web is using. There are people who won't start a blog because they can't think of a good name.

I chose Wide White for a few reasons. At the time my blog was predominantly political and I was conservative. The name was a play off of "wide right," as in, "He kicked the field goal wide right." This would obviously lead people to the conclusion, "His political views are on the right." It was also a play off of my last name. I wanted to use my name in the title in a play on words and "Wide White" is what I came up with.

In hindsight the name seems a little weird, but once you've established a name it's tough to change it. There are numerous people who now find my blog by Googling "Wide White." Any changes now would screw them up.

Now I think of my blog name as representing the wide range of topics that I cover. Sort of like ABC's old "Wide World of Sports," this is the "Wide World of Joey White."

Hopefully it's a world worth living in.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Bill Roehl declared,

There are people who won't start a blog because they can't think of a good name.

HA!

10/25/2010 8:41 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

I knew you'd catch that. You can send it to Dave...

10/25/2010 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home