This Page

has been moved to new address

Why I don't tweet

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Why I don't tweet

Monday, April 20, 2009

Why I don't tweet

Twitter is apparently all the rage. It comes up in every talk show interview. Everybody's doing it.

Everybody but me.

My life is barely interesting to sustain a blog that hardly registers on anyone's radar (with the exception of the occasional post about Mark Driscoll, which brings Google hits out of the woodwork).

Could my life possibly be interesting enough to warrant "tweets" every two hours with a maximum of 140 characters letting everyone know...well, nothing, really.

For me, the answer is a clear and resounding NO!!

(NOTE: if I am tweeting in 2 months, this post can and must be held against me...)

5 Comments:

Blogger ron declared,

Stay strong Joey and resist it with all your might. Check out Justin Taylor's blog on this. Hits the nail on the head.

http://theologica.blogspot.com/2009/04/twitter-telegraph-of-narcissus.html

4/20/2009 9:58 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Very nice Ron, thanks for the link.

I have to be careful since I'm sure there are some out there who see blogging in the same light. But what I like about blogging is it generates discussion. Sure, it can be all about you, but more often than not (with blogs that interest me anyway), it's not. The blog fosters discussion.

With twitter, the post is the discussion, and it's sadly brief and one-sided.

4/20/2009 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Bill Roehl declared,

It's definitely useful to drive traffic to your site for discussion. After creating a Twitter account for my blog where I generally only post links to new content it became my second biggest referrer behind StumbleUpon.

If you start a Twitter account for your blog can people still throw this back in your face? :-)

4/21/2009 8:15 AM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

I'm happy to admit that I've never even heard of twitter. Gabe tweets...every time he sees a bird.

Did you mention Mark Driscoll in this post just to get more hits? :)

4/21/2009 8:19 AM  
Blogger Keelie declared,

Or perhaps in two months your life will have suddenly become more interesting!:)

4/23/2009 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home