This Page

has been moved to new address

I'd have kicked her off the bus too

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: I'd have kicked her off the bus too

Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'd have kicked her off the bus too

I don't know why I'm posting this other than to publicly lament the condition of this person.
LONDON (Reuters) - A British bus company has apologized to a girl who is led around on a leash by her boyfriend and describes herself as a human pet after one of its drivers threw her off a bus.

Tasha Maltby, 19, told British newspapers she was the "pet" of her 25-year-old fiance Dani Graves.

Pictures showed her dressed in black Gothic-style clothing with silver buckles on a silver chain -- which the driver of a bus from the firm Arriva took exception to.
The fact that the bus company had to issue this statement is asinine:
"We have spoken to the driver who has talked about health and safety," a spokesman said. "Should she be attached to a chain and something happens on the bus, that could be dangerous. All we are saying is that she is very welcome to use the buses but not when she is on her lead."
This is pretty telling too.
Maltby -- who lives on state benefits and got engaged in November -- said her choice of lifestyle might seem unusual but was harmless.

"I am a pet," she told the Daily Mail. "I generally act animal-like and I lead a really easy life. I don't cook or clean and I don't go anywhere without Dani. It might seem strange but it makes us both happy. It's my culture and my choice. It isn't hurting anyone."
That just makes me sad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kara Jo declared,

Where do you find this stuff, Joey? :)

1/27/2008 4:23 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

For half of it, you can blame my wife!

For the other half...well, there's a reason we're married.

1/27/2008 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home