This Page

has been moved to new address

Islam in Burtonia

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Islam in Burtonia

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Islam in Burtonia

Since Jeff re-entered the world of blogging, all has returned to normal.

However, I find his Google ads rather non-Burtonesque.

Look closely at the ad towards the top.

Alright, quit squinting at the picture above and just look at the closeup below.

I don't think Jeff and dating have much in common at this point in his life, much less Muslim dating. I could see Christianity and Islam, but Muslim dating?

Thankfully, by the time I returned to his blog a few hours later, the misrepresentative Muslim dating service ad had been replaced by one that's more in tune with Jeff's interests: technology.

Thank you Jeff. Without you (more accurately, without your post on Islam that triggered the ads) I wouldn't know that Islam ringtones exist. I'm forever indebted to you and your perseverance with Ads by Google.

3 Comments:

Blogger steveegg declared,

That lack of control is one of the reasons why I don't do advertising, especially Google Ads advertising.

1/23/2008 10:15 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

That makes two of us. I seem to remember Owen getting in trouble over this once since a candidate's ad popped up during a primary. He had to defend himself over the ad and make sure everyone knew he hadn't actually endorsed anyone.

I wonder how much you actually make off of them?

1/23/2008 10:29 PM  
Blogger Jeff Burton declared,

I am getting rich off Muslim dating and no one can tell me it's wrong.

1/24/2008 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home