This Page

has been moved to new address

Controlling controlled burns...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Controlling controlled burns...

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Controlling controlled burns...

I was reading a story about the 50-car pileup in Florida and, while the story is very sad, I was able to get a laugh out of this line:
Firefighters on Tuesday had battled a controlled burn that got out of control and charred 250 acres...
So maybe I'm desperate for a post topic, but I don't feel like posting about politics (hey, the primaries are interesting, but only to me...) and yes, I did think it was funny that it said "a controlled burn that got out of control". Call it a controlled burn that didn't go as planned. Or maybe a burn that got out of control. But...

Okay, I'll stop wasting your time.

2 Comments:

Blogger steveegg declared,

Wasn't the fire that rolled through Los Alamos a few years ago also a "(un)controlled burn"?

Yes, that's my term for that; communicative, and not too wordy.

1/09/2008 3:12 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

I like it Steve. Succinct, to the point. It's always better that way.

1/10/2008 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home