This Page

has been moved to new address

One more reason I love my wife!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: One more reason I love my wife!

Sunday, August 12, 2007

One more reason I love my wife!

I just read a story in the Pioneer Press titled, "What A Working Girl Wants Is A Wife". This story from a NY Times journalist details how women want someone to keep up around the house and take care of the kids - a wife, really, or at least someone to fulfill the roles traditionally undertaken by the wife.

It reminded me of how much I love the fact that my wife has a heart to put her kids before her career. It's something that attracted me to her from the beginning. She's enjoying working now, but really doesn't want a career. The career she wants is to be a mom.

My mom's career was (and is) to be a mom. It's a career that will last over 40 years for her, as my youngest brother is just 17 months old. But I think of how many things I would have missed out on as a kid if my mom hadn't been there all day.

I'm not trying to bring down those who work full time and do struggle with the balance of kids and a job. Some people have necessities that don't allow them to stay at home. But I do know which option I prefer if given the choice. Even if I had to choose between buying a home and both of us working versus renting a house or townhouse with just me working so she could stay home with the kids, there's no question which option I'd take.

Okay, this wasn't intended to be a thesis. All I was really trying to say is, I love the decision my wife has made for what she wants to do with her life. I love my wife!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous declared,

I agree...all women should be barefoot and pregnant. (And you know I am sooo kidding!) Love You Joey! Aunt Kari :)

8/13/2007 11:07 PM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

What's wrong with barefoot and pregnant??!!
I love you too, Mom

8/14/2007 12:48 AM  
Blogger James A. N. Stauffer declared,

I am also very thankful for those who sacrificed to stay home and improve the lives of their children. Both my mother and wife have done that.

8/14/2007 6:33 PM  
Blogger Reegz declared,

I love her too! Great decision! Now, bring on the family!

8/15/2007 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home