This Page

has been moved to new address

Office Space humor from my wife

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Office Space humor from my wife

Monday, July 23, 2007

Office Space humor from my wife

She sent me this email the other day. It was another reminder of how Office Space (funny, but not a movie I'd necessarily recommend) is way, way too true....
From: My wife
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 4:16 PM
To: Me
Subject: Why you should always remember to use this box...

"the only thing is you forgot the subject line" - Melissa

"there was something wrong with the weekly reports... oh I remember, there was no subject line on it" - Paul

"Hi - don't forget subject line (I know - details, details!)" - Cynthia

"Just a reminder for next time, you will want to put a subject on the email." - Stephanie


It reminded me of Office Space...[This is the scene where Peter is being interviewed by the consultants - the "Bobs" - who everyone says are going to simply downsize the company.]

Peter Gibbons: You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
Bob Slydell: Don't... don't care?
Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my @$$ off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime. So where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses right now.
Bob Porter: Eight?
Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home