This Page

has been moved to new address

One less tooth

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: One less tooth

Saturday, July 14, 2007

One less tooth

I went under the knife on Wednesday and lost tooth # 18. I found out it was cracked back in December. I'd had major problems with infection and swelling in October and had taken antibiotics to get rid of the infection. I was getting married in February and wasn't exactly rolling in lots of money. (Not that I am now, but...well, I'm in a better position to afford it.)

I wasn't put under when I had my wisdom teeth pulled because they were pulled by a general dentist, not an oral surgeon. I made sure I didn't repeat that mistake! It was a much better experience. Normally, when it comes to teeth problems, I wind up with at least 3-4 shots per tooth as the dentist tries in vain to numb me. Yeah, not fun.

So, now I'm one less tooth and, within the next few months, I guess I'll be adding some titanium to my jaw. I can't wait!

2 Comments:

Blogger kristi noser declared,

Joey, do some research first, because I have heard from reliable sources (which I cannot name, they being in the CIA and all--I've said too much already)that the titanium--or any metal for that matter--causes the jawbone to erode. Just a little sunshine for your day!

7/15/2007 1:53 PM  
Blogger erin declared,

UGh. I HATE dental work. I'm glad it was a good experience for you.

7/16/2007 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home