This Page

has been moved to new address

In relation to the I-35W bridge

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: In relation to the I-35W bridge

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

In relation to the I-35W bridge

I've been asked how close I am to the I-35W bridge. While I live just a few miles from I-35W, I live over 10 miles south of the bridge that collapsed. However, I work much closer.

I went down to the bridge with my wife and a few friends after a Twins game just a few days after it happened. We walked about a 3-mile radius around it (that was the closest we could get from one river crossing to the other).

In the picture below (click on the picture for a full-size view), you can see the semi that was in flames next to the school bus on the right side of the picture. (They're on the other side of and below the arch in the 10th Ave. bridge that runs adjacent to the I-35W bridge.) On the far left you can see a building with a black triangular top. That's the Accenture Tower. It's just to the left of the Foshay Tower and a bit shorter than a squared building just behind it. That's where I work.


Hopefully that helps give some perspective for how close it is to me. While my wife and I had crossed the bridge the Sunday before it collapsed, we don't normally use it, so it really has not thrown our own daily routine out of whack. It's caused a few minor headaches for us, but nothing like the inconvenience (not to mention the tragedy) it has been for countless others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home