This Page

has been moved to new address

Do you know all ten of the Ten Commandments?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Do you know all ten of the Ten Commandments?

Friday, August 04, 2006

Do you know all ten of the Ten Commandments?

That's what Stephen Colbert, host of Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report," asked Mississippi Representative Lynn Westmoreland, a Republican who has been a strong advocate for having the Ten Commandments posted in public buildings.

If you haven't seen any of Colbert's "Better Know A District," you're really missing out!



While Colbert is obviously going for humor first, his questions are actually often really good. I find myself wondering why "real" journalists don't ask those kinds of pointed questions. I also find myself wondering why Congressmen keep allowing themselves to be interviewed by Colbert. Thankfully though, they do!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dad29 declared,

Colbert really believes in certain things. He's not afraid to say it, either...beginning with the fact that he's a Roman Catholic.

The guy's well on his way to becoming an icon, albeit his popularity is likely to diminish as his beliefs become better known.

8/05/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Yeah, I haven't figured out Colbert, which is probably partly why I like him. I've seen him rip both conservatives and liberals with his humor, which I have no problem with, but he certainly doesn't seem biased. I have a friend who says he's ripped Christians before, which I haven't actually seen, but can believe it.

Regarding him being Roman Catholic, I don't put a whole lot of stock in that. Maybe part of that is because I'm not Catholic and don't believe in the Catholic church. I think the larger part of it is the fact that there are many people who label themselves Roman Catholic but don't follow the teachings of the church at all.

Either way, Colbert is way better than Jon Stewart any day!

8/08/2006 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home