This Page

has been moved to new address

Why stop after three?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Why stop after three?

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Why stop after three?

I don't know how to convert these units of measure, but I do know that it's a lot of alcohol!
Driver Has 18 Times Legal Alcohol Limit

VILNIUS, Lithuania - Lithuanian police were so astonished when they pulled over a truck driver and his breathalyzer test registered 18 times the legal alcohol limit, they thought their testing device must be broken. It wasn't.

Police said Tuesday 41-year-old Vidmantas Sungaila registered 7.27 grams per liter of alcohol in his blood repeatedly on different devices when he was pulled over for driving his truck down the center of a two-lane highway 60 miles from the capital, Vilnius on Saturday.

Lithuania's legal limit is 0.4 grams per liter.
...
"He was of high spirits and grinning the whole time he was questioned."
...
Sungaila...told police he had been drinking the night before and tried to freshen up by downing a pint of beer for breakfast.
I'll bet it was that breakfast beer that put him over the legal limit.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous declared,

:( Sad...that's my country, well, at least the one I studied in for a semester anyways... Drinking is definately prominant there, but that's Europe. I must say I'm surprised he was conscience, let alone alive- yikes! Note to self: try not to drink 18 times the legal limit; it just may be detrimental to my health.

5/24/2006 12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

I guess there is something to be said for alcohol tolerance.
My cousin's roommate is a Med Tech and he once tested the blood alcohol level of someone who was at 4.0 and that person then walked out of the clinic!

5/24/2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger Reegz declared,

Jane, I think that was me....pre-new-creation of course!

5/24/2006 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home