This Page

has been moved to new address

Sports snobbery

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Sports snobbery

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Sports snobbery

Every time I hear someone talk about the NBA playoffs lately I can't help but think, "Who cares?!" Of course, I know others think the same thing about sports I love. And nobody likes the guy who's always one-upping your sport.

Sports snob 1: "You like tennis?!?!? Booooring! NASCAR is where it's at!"
Sports snob 2: "NASCAR? Left, straight, left, straight, left...sounds exciting!"

So, just for the fun of it, here are a few sports I love, wish others loved, and could do without.
  • Die-hard: Major League Baseball, NCAA basketball
  • Wish it would catch on: Ultimate Frisbee (seriously, that would be AWESOME to watch played at a professional level!)
  • Could live without: National Basketball Association
Now, your turn to sound off! What does your list look like?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger watchman146 declared,

I'll chime in. I define 'Die Hard' as a sport where I enjoy the regular season JUST AS MUCH as the post-season. So, my favorite sports time of year is, of course, the NCAA Tournament. However, I pay little attention to the regular season (except for UofM). On the other hand, I'd watch just about any NFL game and I track every division in baseball.

Die Hard - NFL and MLB

Wish It Would Catch On - NHL (no better live sport), Soccer (not MLS, Premier League)

Could Live Without - NBA

5/05/2011 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

Die Hard - NFL

Wish it would catch on - Nascar

Could live without - NBA and MLB

Dstew

5/05/2011 12:32 PM  
Blogger Roger declared,

What are "sports"?

5/05/2011 9:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown declared,

I like that show called Wipeout. Does that count as a sport? I'd totally watch a professional version of that. I like NFL, but wouldn't mind if they found a way to speed things up. Sport I could totally do without: Baseball. Booooring.

5/05/2011 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home