This Page

has been moved to new address

2010 in review

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: 2010 in review

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in review

This seems to be an obligatory post. I really don't know what to write, but I really like reading other people's "year in reviews," "top 10s," etc. so I figure I should at least make an attempt.

I got a new job and became a dad this year, all in the first 6 weeks of the year. That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the year.

Sure, there are a lot of other things that happened, but really, when you start out changing jobs and having 2 kids, you can just forget about trying to top that the rest of the year.

If you do want to know about the rest of my year, check out our annual Christmas letter (PDF). It's got all sorts of great pictures, a few feeble attempts at humor, and some fun, rather crazy news at the end. As I think about things I'd even talk about, I'm realizing it's all in the letter. Nobody likes redundancy, so I'll leave it there.

It's been a great year. I have nothing to complain about. Except the weather, but who in Minnesota can't complain about that?

Here's to hoping 2011 is as good as 2010. Or even better...

Happy New Year!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrea declared,

Just want to say I loved your letter. I am a passive observer of your life (we have only met a few times), but I loved seeing a couple have children and continue to be involved in lots of different things. It is very encouraging! When we are blessed with a baby, we will be asking for your advice...

1/01/2011 8:46 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Thanks Andrea, I'm always glad to see a passive observer come out and comment! I don't know how much advice we'd have to give, but we're always happy to talk about our experiences. I can't seem to picture an Andrea J, but next time you see me, say hi! :)

1/01/2011 10:28 PM  
Blogger rae declared,

Love the Christmas letter! Twins are awesome, aren't they? Despite the insane amount of work involved? Just wait til the next one comes and you're OUTNUMBERED. :P

I'm starting to think that it would be fun for our kids to have a play date... I know, kind of weird, but they really don't have a lot of kids their age that they can play with. That's what happens when you're 25, have three kids and no friends with kids. :P

1/02/2011 4:38 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Yes, twins are definitely awesome! We've loved every - well, almost every - minute of it.

We're up for a play date anytime! Or we could just call it "hanging out"...doesn't a play date involve just moms with their kids? I think that's how it works...I know I've never heard a guy use that term! In any event, shoot me an email (my address is in the "About Me" section) and we can work something out.

1/02/2011 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home