This Page

has been moved to new address

The difference a year makes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: The difference a year makes

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The difference a year makes

I was just going through old posts on a separate blog I started the day I found out we were pregnant. I couldn't believe that was only a year ago. It got me going on everything that's happened in the last year.

June 16, 2009 - Jamie and I found out we were expecting a baby (or so we thought...)
October 1, 2009 - Jamie and I found out we were actually expecting 2 babies.
January 11, 2010 - I started a new job.
February 11, 2010 - Carson and Keira are born.

Of course, other things have happened along the way. A 2-week road trip and cruise last fall is a highlight. Our first big trip with the kids down to St. Louis a few weeks ago is up there. I laugh now at us driving through the night in harsh weather to my parents' so we could be there for breakfast and gifts Christmas morning. Jamie was 7 months pregnant.

Ultimately, I'm struck by how well things have gone for me. I remember how concerned I was about finances when I first learned we were pregnant. One month to the day before the kids were born I started a job that covered our estimated post-baby expenses almost to the penny, which was critical since Jamie quit her job when the kids were born. Things like that have just fallen into place.

My life is good. I have no complaints. Sometimes I have to wonder though, why are things so good for me? It's certainly not because I'm such a great person. What about those in circumstances far worse than mine who live lives much better than mine?

I realize that Christianity isn't about cause and effect. It's not a works-based game of "put in this much, get this much in return." But still, don't you wonder sometimes? We're told that you reap what you sow, but others have sown much better than I have with lesser rewards.

Anyway, it's been a year full of many changes, but I couldn't be happier to be where I am today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kara Jo declared,

Enjoy your many blessings and keep giving glory to the Giver. :)

6/30/2010 9:38 PM  
Blogger Keelie declared,

I hear you Joey; I wander about that very thing myself. And I don't have any answers. I like that you mentioned Christianity not being works-based. I think we so often forget that.
There's also perspective. I may not be doing as well as others are financially, but I have a wonderful husband and two wonderful children. We've experienced some rough spots in life and will continue to, but if I can keep focused on my family and our love for each other, life is good!

7/10/2010 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home