This Page

has been moved to new address

First Father's Day

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: First Father's Day

Friday, June 18, 2010

First Father's Day

I guess Father's Day is kind of a big deal.

Growing up, I don't remember really doing anything for my dad on Father's Day. I can distinctly remember picking the same kind of flower that grew every year around Mother's Day in the woods near our house. I remember taking care of the meals for my mom on Mother's Day. But I don't remember doing a thing for my dad on Father's Day.

Maybe it's because Dad's meals were already made for him and he didn't like flowers and those were the only free things I knew I could do for an adult. Or maybe it's because he never really seemed to enjoy being celebrated. I don't know.

Now, my wife loves to be celebrated. She loves birthdays, Valentine's Day, Easter, and pretty much any other event where at least 5% of the population gives something to someone else. Good thing is, she likes to be on the giving end of those celebrations as well, and frankly she does a much better job of thinking of me with these events than I do thinking of her.

So my wife planned my weekend and I'm going fishing and playing golf. I haven't fished yet this year and haven't golfed in 2 years. I guess if it's the price I have to pay for being a dad, I could get into this Father's Day thing.

Time to get cracking on ideas for Mother's Day 2011...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home