This Page

has been moved to new address

Two reasons not to care about the Oscars

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Two reasons not to care about the Oscars

Monday, February 23, 2009

Two reasons not to care about the Oscars

Not that you needed more reasons. I watched (or more accurately, left on in the background) the Oscars last night for the first last time ever.

Here are two gushy acceptance speech quotes that are sure to keep me away in the future:
"All my life I've had a choice between hate and love, and I chose love, and now I'm here."
Yeah, because everyone else chose hate, which is why they didn't win an Oscar.
"I think [Harvey Milk] would want me to say to all the gay and lesbian kids out there tonight ... that you are beautiful, wonderful creatures of value, and that no matter what anyone tells you, God does love you and that very soon, I promise you, you will have equal rights, federally, across this great nation of ours."
Let me just say that if you ever call me a "beautiful, wonderful creature of value," it will take great restraint for me to not slap you. I'm pretty sure there are a few gay people I know who feel the same way.

It doesn't help that I hadn't seen a single movie that won (I don't think I saw any that were nominated either).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home