This Page

has been moved to new address

Over-correcting

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Over-correcting

Monday, February 02, 2009

Over-correcting

Last year we owed over $700 in taxes at the end of the year. I had forgotten to change my exemptions when we got married. I hated having to write those checks and resolved, "Never again!"

I immediately went to HR and had some tweaks made. We also bought a house a month later.

Apparently I made one tweak too many.

Total refund this time around: over $3,000.

Oops.

7 Comments:

Blogger Keithslady declared,

So, does that mean I can tell Ellen to expect an especially awesome wedding gift this summer?

2/03/2009 9:28 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

lol - I think that means Ellen's gift will be delivered in a vehicle that we actually OWN! :) -Jamie

2/03/2009 9:41 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

And yes, you can tell Ellen to expect an awesome gift - though hopefully she'd expect nothing less! (Pressure is on to find the perfect gift - I'm excited!) -Jamie

2/03/2009 10:25 AM  
Blogger Keelie declared,

Wow, always a nice sum of money to receive! I've been sweating it this year because of the self-employment thing, but our tax guy says we may just break even since I worked this year. That would be REALLY nice! I was expecting to pay in thousands!:/

2/03/2009 11:48 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I don't think that money will see anything but debt payoff!!

2/03/2009 11:54 AM  
Blogger Keelie declared,

Well, if it completely pays of a debt - that's awesome! But if it's just going towards debt and you don't see much benefit at the moment, then it's a bummer!

2/03/2009 11:59 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Oh, it will completely eliminate a debt, and it will be sweet!!

2/04/2009 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home