This Page

has been moved to new address

If you have Windows Vista and don't like it

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: If you have Windows Vista and don't like it

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

If you have Windows Vista and don't like it

Microsoft Windows 7 is available in a beta version, although you'll have to figure out how to download it since it isn't publicly available yet. I've been toying with the idea of getting a laptop but really don't want to get one with Vista. Hopefully this eggs Microsoft on to release Windows 7 earlier than they would otherwise. By most accounts, Vista is a mess...

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter Pillman declared,

My brother has it, and doesn't mind it too much.

On the other hand, he disables "aero" and almost every other enhancement he can disable, so he runs Vista just about like 98 to get it to run a decent speed. (So in a large way he would be better off with XP: a few enhancements with good speed)

I have no plans to switch to Vista any time soon. I think waiting for either a large speed improvement on Vista (somehow) or waiting for Windows 7 is a good idea. I like to maintain the conspiracy theory that Vista is only to get us to crave Windows 7 coming out later.

12/30/2008 11:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown declared,

Vista is a mess. Imagine having to download drivers for everything including your Microsoft brand mouse...not even kidding.

12/31/2008 10:47 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Wow, I didn't realize it was that bad. Honestly, I don't know many of the details surrounding the negativity, but there's enough negative that I figure I'm better off not finding out.

12/31/2008 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

I actually use both Vista and XP on two different computers. For the most part Vista runs fine for me. Now, understand that I have 4 Gb of RAM and a 64-bit CPU so the speed is great. This computer actually runs faster than my other computer that is running XP. That computer has 2 Gb of RAM and a dual core cpu. The only real problem that I have run into is trying to use older printers for which there are no Vista drivers.

1/01/2009 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home