This Page

has been moved to new address

Job security

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Job security

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Job security

I just found out today that yet another friend was offered a buyout. I don't have any friends who have yet accepted a buyout or been laid off, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes soon, especially if the holiday season failed to meet retailers' expectations hopes.

So it meant a lot to me when my boss told me this morning that I'm one of the last three people he'd ever let go (out of 50+ who report to him) if it ever came to that. As he put it, "You can sleep easy."

Job security isn't what keeps me up at night, but I got his point. And as much as I know that my treasure is not on this earth, it sure is helpful to know I won't have any problem sustaining my small family with our few earthly needs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Keithslady declared,

Is it OK to be proud? Cause I am.

12/23/2008 11:26 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Thank you :)

12/24/2008 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home