This Page

has been moved to new address

The gang is coming back

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: The gang is coming back

Monday, June 16, 2008

The gang is coming back

The Tar Heels are back and looking better than ever.
Tar Heels players will return to school

All three of North Carolina's basketball players who filed for early entry into the NBA Draft have decided to return to school for at least one more season next year.

UNC officials announced at 4:42 p.m. that Ty Lawson, Wayne Ellington and Danny Green have withdrawn from the draft. The deadline was 5 p.m. to withdraw and maintain college eligibility.

Lawson, a point guard, said last Saturday that he was 50-50 in his choice.

"The process of 'testing the waters' has given me valuable information about my draft status and I have decided it would be better to return to school," Lawson said in a prepared statement released by UNC.

"I love school, my teammates and the coaching staff. I look forward to playing next season and trying to win a national championship."

The decisions mean that UNC's starting lineup from this season will return in the forthcoming season. The three players were UNC's No. 2-4 scorers and helped the team go 36-3 and reach the NCAA Final Four semifinals.

Ellington reached his decision after talking over his situation with Coach Roy Williams.

"After going through this process and gaining valuable information then discussing my future with my family as well as Coach Williams, it was an easy decision for me to come back to the University of North Carolina because of my love for the university and my teammates," Ellington said in prepared statement.
The same Final Four starting lineup all back. Can you say "unstoppable"?!?

Oh, and the Tar Heels are 1-0 at the College World Series too. Go Heels!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home