This Page

has been moved to new address

Leaving town

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Leaving town

Friday, May 30, 2008

Leaving town

...and staying put at the same time.

Tomorrow, we're flying out of town for 11 days in the Pacific Northwest with my brother and sister-in-law. It should be a much-needed vacation (then again, who doesn't "need" a vacation?).

We've also been contemplating a job opportunity in California for the last month. We decided not to pursue it. A customer of mine had approached me about working with them. There was a lot that sounded good about it so after initially turning it down, I decided to consider it.

Without going into boring details, there was enough that didn't come together with what I said would have to be the "perfect storm" that we decided not to make the move.

My mom said that when considering a job opportunity, you have to answer the question: If this opportunity went away tomorrow, would you be relieved or disappointed? Truthfully, I'm neither. More than anything I'm simply excited about the summer that's upon us. I'm excited to pursue Christ's reign in my life. I'm excited to see where the rest of this year will take my wife and I.

I'm not disappointed. I'm not relieved. I'm excited. I like that.

8 Comments:

Blogger Keithslady declared,

Woo hoo! Woo hoo! Can you tell I'm excited, too? I was sure trying to be excited for you if you were going, but I don't even have to try to be excited that you're staying. Have a GREAT time on your vacation (aren't you glad you're not taking a "trip"?).

5/30/2008 2:43 PM  
Blogger Anna declared,

We're very excited that you'll both by staying here!

5/30/2008 4:07 PM  
Blogger watchman146 declared,

Our pre-marital counselor told Keelie and I to examine a five fold evaluation when making decision. I render unwanted advice to you:

1. Prayer - what does God reveal in prayer and devos?

2. Scripture - what wisdom is gleaned from scripture?

3. Advice/Wisdom - multitude of counselors and all that

4. Circumstances - what will your life context allow you to do (kids, health, finances, etc.)

5. Desire - what do you want to do? what direction is your heart headed?

It has helped us in several different spots.

5/31/2008 12:09 AM  
Blogger Kara Jo declared,

I echo your mom's thoughts. :) I'm glad-- & pleasantly surprised that you're staying! (Though I would've wholeheartedly supported you if you decided to go, too.)

6/01/2008 8:33 AM  
Blogger Reegz declared,

Pursuing Christs reign with you Joey and Jamie! Have a good trip!

6/04/2008 10:19 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Just want to say thanks to all of you who expressed your sentiments and advice. We've appreciated your prayers, advice, and encouragement more than we can adequately express.

6/13/2008 4:34 PM  
Blogger Keith declared,

It is my wife and me, not my wife and I. I thought that was an annoyance of yours that I learned from our trip.

6/16/2008 7:01 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Wow, you're right, I blew it on that one. Nice catch...

7/08/2008 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home