This Page

has been moved to new address

Should I believe Giuliani?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Should I believe Giuliani?

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Should I believe Giuliani?

Giuliani says he'd support a pro-life judge for the Supreme Court.
RICHMOND, Va. - Republican presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani, who favors abortion rights, said Friday if elected in 2008 he wouldn't hesitate to appoint anti-abortion conservatives such as Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia or Samuel Alito to the federal bench.
...
"They share the kind of overall judicial philosophy that I have," Giuliani said....

Giuliani said he helped select U.S. attorneys and federal marshals during his service in the Reagan administration. People who filled those positions were "strict constructionists" in their approach to constitutional law, he said.

"What I mean by strict constructionist, or using the plain language or meaning of the Constitution, is judges should try to interpret the Constitution, not make it up to fit their social preferences," Giuliani said.
I tend to believe him. Unlike Mitt Romney and even John McCain, I don't get the impression that Giuliani will renege on his word.

Am I just being naive?

1 Comments:

Blogger steveegg declared,

Let me put it this way. There are two big problems with Rudy and abortion. First, he and the other liberals will work to put Roe v Wade and its follow-on cases into the legislative process. Second, those "strict constructionist" Justices, even if they were approved by the Senate, can't overturn without cases being brought before them.

In short, it's a meaningless bone.

2/20/2007 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home