This Page

has been moved to new address

Why blogging has been slow

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Why blogging has been slow

Monday, September 11, 2006

Why blogging has been slow

I guess I owe it to everyone to explain myself.

First, I should say that I really don't think it's the fact that I have a girlfriend. Yes, there's a time commitment there (and one that I very much enjoy). But the fact is that our schedules are separate enough that I can definitely blog. It's not a problem.

The biggest reason it has been slower (one a day rather than five a day) for the last few months is my job. It's been nothing short of hectic and I just haven't had time to blog.

The biggest reason blogging has been rather absent more recently is the fact that I'm now in job search mode. I've been working on full time job and apartment searching for the last few days, so blogging has been on the backburner.

If anyone has any leads in the Twin Cities area in management and/or marketing, let me know. I also enjoy writing and editing, but I doubt that will translate into a decent job, so it's not my focus in the job hunt.

I want to thank everyone who has been so caring and supportive of me through this. It's not a huge deal to me, but the fact that people care enough to ask is just really humbling. This is new territory for me. I've never really had to job hunt for a full time job like this. Unless you count my search for a summer job in which I applied at Yosemite National Park. I didn't really "hunt" though...Yosemite was the only summer job I applied for and I got it without a problem. My previous fulltime job was offered to me through no solicitation of my own.

So this is new territory for me, but it's not something I shy away from. I trust that God will remain faithful and provide for my needs, and having that reassurance makes it much less worrisome than it could otherwise be.

My resume is out to 20 or 30 people at this point. I've had a few responses and one interview lined up for tomorrow. Hoping to have something nailed down by the end of the week....

5 Comments:

Blogger kristi noser declared,

Joey, we do love you and hope that you keep blogging. We would not bug you to post if we didn't love you! Cuz y'know we love you and all!

9/11/2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger kristi noser declared,

Oh, and I just noticed that your favorite song is Lionel Richie. I have one word:
OHMYSTARS.

9/11/2006 5:11 PM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

In paragraph 4 I believe you meant "I'm NOW in the job search mode" instead of "not".

Oh, and by the way, I know of an industrial manufacturing company looking for someone in marketing. It's a young company, making impressive advances in a mature market. There's a lot of room for advancement, and I hear the people are great to work with. I've also heard the boss say some good things about you. Comes with free dinners whenever you want.....

Hope the interview and whole process goes well!

9/11/2006 6:25 PM  
Blogger James A. N. Stauffer declared,

At my company the external website says that we have openings in Marketing but our internal website doesn't list any so I don't know if we really do or not. Anyway if you are interested I would be happy to refer you. http://www.spscommerce.com/n_co/careers.shtml

9/12/2006 6:48 AM  
Blogger Michael Olson declared,

Hey Joey it's been a little while. I was going to call you the other day but I got my phone taken away until the 22nd...silly me I guess...Keep in touch man, definatly, no excuses!! haha Cya Man!

9/12/2006 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home