This Page

has been moved to new address

Old post revived

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Old post revived

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Old post revived

I came across a post today that I wrote two and a half months ago and had forgotten about. At the time, hardly anyone was reading my blog. Well, hardly anyone still reads it, but that "hardly anyone" is a little bigger now than it was then.

I had to laugh at myself in reading the post. I think you have to laugh at yourself sometimes. Reading things that you've written in the past - even if it's only two and a half months ago - provide a good opportunity to laugh.

The post was called "State of the Campus." (Kind of like the State of the Union address, but for the nation's campuses.) On the heels of a ridiculous story that you can read by going to the post, I was imagining what the University of Washington Student Senate would say if they were giving a State of the Campus address.
"Our campuses are the most tolerant places on earth. We not only have banned guns everywhere, thus showing our intolerance of those who would like an automatic means of rape prevention, but we have also banned remembering and commemorating those who used guns to allow us to still have a campus. In fact, we're simply embarassed by them. We really wish our grandparents and great grandparents had simply surrendered to the Japanese when they attacked Pearl Harbor. Afterall, Hawaii was just another territory we annexed from aboriginal peoples. Or maybe we got it from Great Britain. We can't remember."
I'm such a dork...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Keithslady declared,

Hey, Dork, I kind of liked it.

5/14/2006 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home