This Page

has been moved to new address

Madness

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Madness

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Madness

I've officially joined the club of those whose brackets have been busted. My championship team, the UNC Tar Heels, are out in the second round. I should have known better, but they finished strong, and besides, I'm a diehard. My dad's from North Carolina, and everyone in my family has Tar Heel blue blood.

Aside from that biased (though not completely wacko) pick, Pittsburgh is out, and I had them in the Final Four. In short, my bracket is meaningless at this point.

Time to pull for upsets.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger steveegg declared,

Ouch, but I don't want upsets. I still have an outside shot at breaking .500 despite:

- Losing 7 of my Sweet 16 teams over the weekend to cost me 10 of them overall
- Watching 4 of my Elite Eight teams not show up for weekend #2 to make 5 total lost teams
- Half of my Final Four vanishing before my very eyes
- Having my national runner-ups lose 4 games early

3/20/2006 1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

It just proves you can't predict the unpredictable. Joey, your Mom (who doesn't hardly know a Blue Devil from an Orangeman) only lost 2 of her elite eight and one of her final four picks. Go U Conn! Why them? I haven't a clue. It was a whim.

3/21/2006 8:37 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

a whim? or maybe the little number "1" next to their name was the "whim"...

3/22/2006 9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

Of course I used the numbers to assist me, but that was all I had going for me. And I did guess right on a couple of the upsets--just whims. My final four picks are two 1s, a 3, and a 4.

3/22/2006 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home