This Page

has been moved to new address

I flopped...sort of...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: I flopped...sort of...

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I flopped...sort of...

Supper last night was interesting. (If you didn't read this yesterday, this post will make little sense.)

The venison stroganoff concoction in the crock pot slow cooker thing wasn't bad. A little too much garlic, but hey, what was else was I going to do with the garlic I had? Not a great move, but it didn't exactly ruin it. It just gave off a really nice aroma!

I decided to go with rice instead of noodles. Not sure I made the right move now, but I did what I did.... I put them on the stove and went into my living room to bust out the guitar with a song I wrote recently. Not a good idea. Once I finally finished playing the song, I was able to hear sizzling in the other room. The water in the pot with the rice was boiling over. How long it had been boiling over, I'm not sure. I quickly turned down the heat, and waited another 15 minutes for it to really be done. Then, it was time to serve it up.

This was very exciting for me. I was eating something other than cereal or frozen pizzas (which I've been doing a good job of staying off lately), and it wasn't something that needed a microwave. I quickly decided something was missing. Between the mushrooms and onions that I didn't have, something was missing. Salt. That was it! Thankfully, when my sister came and visited a few months ago, she bought me some salt. I'm not a condiments guy. Really, I'm probably the least picky eater I know. You give it to me, I eat it. No salt, no pepper, no ketchup (usually). I mean, how many people do you know who don't eat salad with salad dressing? I don't know anyone else either.

But this called for a condiment. I realized just why my mom used all of those seasonings. So, I put some salt in it. Not bad. Much less bland. The venison was great, but the rice was a little too moist. Still, it was pretty edible, and that's what I wanted.

I got a phone call from my aunt halfway through. An hour later, we finally hung up and what little food was left was cold. I ate the piece of venison, threw out the rest of the rice (way too much rice in proportion to venison, and it was a bit soggy from the cream of mushroom soup), and proceeded to clean up.

Oh, and I finished off the night with a bowl of corn flakes. And a bowl of Life.

Yep, dinner was a success!

(Oh, Jeff, I have leftovers for tonight...you're welcome any time! Just don't bring the kids...I don't have that many leftovers.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous declared,

I feel honored that I saved you from eating what you called "dinner". :) I love you Joey (see, this time I didn't forget and have to call you back!) Aunt Kari

5/03/2006 10:19 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Hey hey hey now...it definitely qualified as "dinner." That doesn't mean it was the best dinner ever, but like I said, it was definitely edible!

Thanks :-)

5/03/2006 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home