This Page

has been moved to new address

Charity bribes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Charity bribes

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Charity bribes

Do you ever get those mailings asking for money for something like a children's hospital foundation? They usually have return address stickers, presumably to make me feel bad that they've spent money on this "free gift" for me, which means I must give them money. Never mind the fact that for the number of times a year I actually mail something, it's a whole lot faster for me to write my address than to look for the stickers.

Either stickers got too expensive OR they realized no one used them OR they decided cold, hard money made people feel even more guilty. Regardless, my wife and I have each received a nickel recently.

No, I don't feel guilty. I can only spread my charity stripes so thin.

And yes, I did bankroll the nickel. Both of them.

2 Comments:

Blogger James A. N. Stauffer declared,

We just keep the return address labels and now have a supply that will last us years. :-) I have only received the coins once or twice. I feel that any organization that wastes so much money on solicitation doesn't deserve my money.

8/27/2008 10:30 AM  
Blogger kristi noser declared,

I agree with both of you. I give money to the chairities that don't spend massive amounts of money with these "guilt" letters. AND I keep the return address labels!

8/27/2008 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home