This Page

has been moved to new address

Bob Barker would be proud!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Bob Barker would be proud!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Bob Barker would be proud!

But I'm not.
Rhode Island requires that cats be fixed

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Gov. Don Carcieri signed a law Friday making Rhode Island the first state in the nation to require cat owners to spay or neuter their pets.

Cat owners must spay or neuter pets older than six months unless they pay $100 for a breeder's license. Violators can be fined $75 per month.
And, like any good government requirement, there are government subsidies for the unfortunate among us (i.e., the poor).
Under the law, low-income pet owners would be eligible for subsidies for low-cost surgery. Farmers are exempt.
This stuff ticks me off. I know, you're probably thinking, "Dude, Joey, chill out." (Okay, you older people are thinking, "Young lad, you should really simmer down a wee tad bit." That last part is only if you're Irish.) I'm just fed up with the government passing stupid laws because they have to watch out for us because Mr. Citizen just can't be responsible on his own and needs Mr. Government to step in and take over.

Good grief.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dana declared,

Remind me not bring Indi there for a husband! Are we really wasting time on creating and passing and then enforcing such laws? I think they must be in kahootz with the vets to make money. Notthat I don't think most animals should be fixed, I do- espcially the ones you meet when you go down to Mexico. All those mangled,mangy starving dogs- it is so sad!

6/11/2006 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

http://snopes.com/photos/animals/uglydog.asp

go here and see why certain animals should NOT mate YIKES!!!

I'm glad the governement is using my tax dollars for the "good" cause this is priority for sure, SICK!!

6/11/2006 7:17 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

thanks for that pic Sara. I've seen that before, and now you just subjected me to it again. grr...!!

6/11/2006 11:25 PM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

Bob Barker would NOT approve of our cat reproduction record. However, our current mouser had a kitten last week.....yes, just ONE kitten. Maybe Bob would approve just a little.

6/17/2006 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home