This Page

has been moved to new address

Superstition: giving the rest of us a good laugh for hundreds of years

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Superstition: giving the rest of us a good laugh for hundreds of years

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Superstition: giving the rest of us a good laugh for hundreds of years

There was an eclipse in the Middle East and Northern Africa today, but that's not what really caught my attention.

In Turkey:
"It should happen more often," said Hamza Bikmaz who was selling eclipse T-shirts
...
In Turkey's earthquake-prone Tokat province, residents set up tents outside despite assurances from scientists that there was no evidence of any link between eclipses and tremors.
In India:
One Indian paper advised pregnant women not to go outside during the eclipse to avoid having a blind baby or one with a cleft lip. Food cooked before the eclipse should be thrown out afterward because it will be impure and those who are holding a knife or ax during the eclipse will cut themselves, the Hindustan Times added.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Billiam declared,

Lord, I appologize for that and bless the pygmies in New Guinea...

3/29/2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Nice Billiam! It's nice to see someone else whose IQ is low enough to enjoy such simple humor....

3/29/2006 10:19 AM  
Blogger Billiam declared,

I always try to live "down" to the level of my host! LOL

3/29/2006 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

I'm down there with you. I wonder what old Mrs. Collier would have done--she chastised me for reaching my arms over my head while I was pregnant, said it would strangle the baby......you know, the one who doesn't even breathe in utero.

3/29/2006 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home